Mission and Purpose
- Educate our students on the science of what they eat and discuss plant biology, lifecycle and more
- Practice sustainability and reduce our carbon footprint through vertical tower gardening powered by solar energy
- Inform students of where their food comes from, how it grows and the importance of eating healthy
- Observe the metamorphous process in our butterfly garden
- Show students the relationship between a plant and actual food we eat
- Shine the light on sustainable living for our community
Our Garden in the News
– BeWaterWise – Received a grant for garden construction
– EnvironscapeLA – Fruit trees donation, one vertical tower garden, hands on expertise and installation and our aquaponics system.
– Rainbird – Drip irrigation and installation
– Orchard Supply Hardware – Award winners of the “Neighborhood Grant Program” plus outdoor shed
– Farmer Pickles – Mr. Allan Lee – Hands on construction of the chicken coop and our emerging butterfly habitat.
If you wish to make a donation to help our garden grow and implement phase II of the plan, please make donations to South Bay Junior Academy and enter “Garden” in the memo line of your check. Thank you.