South Bay Christian School Illness Policy
We recognize the difficulty that working parents have when their child is ill. However, for the benefit of other children and your child, we must insist that you find alternate care when your child is ill. If your child has any symptoms listed below, or is otherwise ill, you will be asked to keep your child at home.
- A fresh, sneezy, and runny nose (cold symptoms)
- A fever above 99 degrees (child must be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school)
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting (child must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school)
- Eye infection/conjunctivitis/“pink eye” (consult a physician before returning to school)
- Impetigo (consult a physician before returning to school)
- Any symptoms of a communicable disease
- Head lice or nits
- COVID symptoms – Fever, stuffy, runny nose, loss of taste and smell, flu-like symptoms, etc. (Children who have been exposed to COVID or test post for COVID must remain home from school for 10-days.)
Teachers are concerned when a child is absent, and would appreciate knowing when your child is sick. If a communicable disease is diagnosed, we need the information for the sake of other children who may have been exposed. Please advise either the school office or your child’s teacher when your child is sick.
If your child becomes ill during the day, you will be notified and asked to pick up your child immediately.
Injury at School
If a child is injured while at school, the parent will be contacted at once. In the case of an extreme emergency, paramedics will be called.
Please note: If your child is sick, one resource is Little Company of Mary Hospital. They offer care for sick children at their kids’ Care Station. To make a reservation
call: (310) 937-1974.
Thank you for doing your part in helping us keep illness from spreading.